Top 10 Facts about Your Hair
1. The hair on your head is not alive.
2. Your hair works on memory or repetition. So…the hair on your head will do what YOU do most even if that means nothing!
3. Hair is made up of three layers – the Cortex, Cuticle and Medulla which are meant to layer one another.
4. As your hair grows, the natural protective oils from the scalp reach the ends of your hair slower.
5. The ends of your hair are considered old once they reach 10 centimeters.
6. Sun exposure, overheating, and over-shampooing can intensify Trichoptilosis (Trichoptilosis = Split Ends).
7. Split ends DO NOTstop the growth of hair.
8. Split ends occur when the protective cuticle has been stripped away from the end of the hair fibers, causing the strand to open.
9. Hydrating treatments can help keep split ends at bay.
10. Trimming your ends every 6 – 8 weeks gives your hair a freedom that is endless!