Check out some of our popular hair styles for a look that fits your personality.
Blow dry press and curl. Wrap style done with thick body waves. Easy to maintain; wrapped with non resistant scarf. Style lasts a base of 2 weeks.
Silky straight wrap style with extensions added for extreme length. Style is bone straight for drama.
A-line bob done with highlighted colors and bold body curls. Easy maintenance; wrap hair with non resistant scarf.
Long Layered look tightly textured around the face to create drama flow. Hair can be curled tight to create multiple looks.
In the law of healthy hair and me, less is more. The less you do with the hair the more it grows. Our goal is to get your hair back to its natural state of healthiness and to look good while doing it. So when is it okay to perm and when should you pass on a perm? Here are 3 tips to keep in mind.
– Just because you have thick tresses doesn’t necessarily mean you should perm. Perms work best when your hair isn’t damaged or too dry as perming hair that’s already been damaged can result in major frizz and dry out your hair even more.
-To perm or not to perm? That’s based solely on your needs… For example a business professional that must have a great first impression and her time is limited, this may be the time to perm.
-Less is more. The less you do with the hair the more it grows. So if you perm, protect the ends by dusting them and give the hair nourishment it needs by increasing the levels of protein and hydration.
1. The hair on your head is not alive.
2. Your hair works on memory or repetition. So…the hair on your head will do what YOU do most even if that means nothing!
3. Hair is made up of three layers – the Cortex, Cuticle and Medulla which are meant to layer one another.
4. As your hair grows, the natural protective oils from the scalp reach the ends of your hair slower.
5. The ends of your hair are considered old once they reach 10 centimeters.
6. Sun exposure, overheating, and over-shampooing can intensify Trichoptilosis (Trichoptilosis = Split Ends).
7. Split ends DO NOTstop the growth of hair.
8. Split ends occur when the protective cuticle has been stripped away from the end of the hair fibers, causing the strand to open.
9. Hydrating treatments can help keep split ends at bay.
10. Trimming your ends every 6 – 8 weeks gives your hair a freedom that is endless!
What you may not know about “Healthy Hair” maintenance that you should know!!
Tip #1: Its all about Iron…
- Iron can cause water to have a red or rusty hue.
- And can leave hair feeling dry brittle and weighted down.
- It causes dark hair to tint darker and blonde hair to turn orange, and can inhibit chemical processing.
Iron, Copper, magnesium, Causes many of the same effects on the hair, Copper can
Turn blonde hair green and dark hair tints darker.
Magnesium, Can causes hair to lack shine and dry hair, weight down and inhibit chemical processing.
Calcium and Silica can cause dandruff like symptoms of flaking,
Build up of silica can choke the hair follicle causing hair to fall out.
To improve the hairs health and further prevent issues with dryness and buildup,
People can use filters that will remove the minerals found in most city water.
And use demineralizing shampoos and conditioners.